Thursday, December 7, 2006

Real

Real love
waiting here, waiting for you
it was everything you couldn't do
so hand it on back to me

Real love
it was everything you wanted it to be
it was nothing more than a dream
so now I'm handing back to you

Now I scream
this can't be the end of the story
why does all great romance end tragically
please don't say this has to be

Then you plead
remember those things that you told me
those long nights were so cold and lonely
please love come back to me

But it's all make believe
none of this was ever meant to be
we can't give take it
coat it
break it
we always knew
me and you
just couldn't make it

Now I see
We always knew this to be
a futile attempt to be happy
it just wasn't meant for us

Real love
One day you'll be waiting for me
this isn't the end of my story
Now hand the page back to me

--Xtl

No comments: